Monday, January 31, 2011

Zucchini Carrot Muffins


So I have taken on a new challenge...
I am trying to avoid added sugar in my daily food choices, I have become inspired to look for more recipes and work on the ones I had been playing with to remove added sugar. Here is my first successful attempt!!

1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
1 egg
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup brown rice flour
1 cup white rice flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon xanthum gum
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon all spice
1/3 cup carrots
1/3 cup zucchini

In a large bowl, beat together the applesauce, egg, oil. 
Stir in the dry ingredients; stirring just to moisten. 
Stir in the carrots and zucchini and divide the batter among 12 muffin cups. 
Bake at 375F for 20 minutes. Makes 12 servings.

Optional: try baking raisins or regular raisins in addition to the carrots and zucchini. Add more cinnamon or pie spice as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment